I know I'm running the risk of looking like a "glass half empty" kind of girl, but sometimes being real is like that. As summer approaches each year I envision myself sipping icy lemonade from a real glass in my emmaculately groomed back yard while reading the latest Nicholas Sparks novel and admiring my fresh hot pink toenails in between chapters. Well, it never quite happens like that. And before I know it, summer is gone (school starts Monday!), and I wonder what the big fuss over summer is all about.

I'm not saying I haven't enjoyed sleeping in and reading more books and visiting the local pool a few times (where my children are, of course, adorable and aquatically talented ;) ) But let me just say that my rain check photo is an accurate commentary on my overall view of Summer 2012.
About 3 weeks ago my family visited a waterpark only to be called out of the pool for thunder and lightning after about 30 minutes. I'm happy to report that we cashed in on the rain check today! The weather was pretty, my 4 year old baby actually began swimming, and we stayed almost 2 whole hours... until everyone was called out of the water for a safety check after a dead baby bird was spotted by a patron... then on the drive home my 8 year old daughter wants to stop to wash her hands... Why? Because she thinks she touched the poor thing. Sigh...
Rain check?!
And again, this post is part of a 12 month project I'm doing with a few fellow Clickin Moms, so please continue around the blog circle by visiting Nicole Israel Photography for some gorgeous summer photos. (And I bet the rest of the girls' posts are a bit more cheerful than mine. We'll see... :) )
No comments:
Post a Comment