Monday, August 13, 2012

Lemonade for Sale

I'm a control freak. I like things to be planned well in advance. I don't do impromptu. These are my natural tendencies though I know there is much fun and pleasure to be had if I can just... loosen... up... a little. I'm like that jar of blackberry jam whose lid is stuck on so tight that you decide to go for grape jelly instead. Sigh...

So one summer day when my children wanted to do a lemonade stand "right now!" I did what was best for all of us and just stayed out of it. Yep, I mostly sat up in my bedroom while the kids (with minimal supervision from their dad) went about their business. I had to admit that when I peaked out the window it was incredibly cute. Olivia graciously took some photos for me so there would be no risk of my interference.

No comments: