I've had many visitors and sweet notes about the the ultimate menu board. Thank you for that! It's been fun to see that lots of people are going to be able to use the idea to make life a little easier in their own kitchens. I'd love to see the menu boards that you make, so link up to this blog if you'd like to share!
A couple of people suggested that I post all of my meal plans and recipes. Ha! You think I have no laundry to do? :) Well... I have something in store at the end of the month that I hope will be even better/ more helpful.

For now, here is one of my all time favorite recipes. I got it from a collage roommate, Cher, who does have a last name. When company is coming for dinner, I usually opt for lasagna or this! It cooks long and slow and fills your house with the best smell.
Cher's Party Chicken
8 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
8 slices of bacon
1 can cream of chicken soup
1 cup of sour cream
shredded cheddar cheese
Wrap each chicken breast with a piece of bacon and place in the bottom of a greased 9x13 inch pan.
Mix condensed soup and sour cream together and spread it on top of the chicken.
Bake for 2 hours at 275 degrees.
About 10 minutes before it is done, sprinkle cheese on top of the chicken.
The saucy part goes well with rice, and I like to serve it with a lettuce salad.
And... I am very devoted to my crock pot. Or is it that my crock pot is devoted to me? Either way, we love each other. These are my two favorite crock pot cookbooks--
101 Things to do with a Slow Cooker
and
Make it Fast, Cook it Slow which is a compilation of hundreds of recipes from Stephanie O'Dea's blog A Year of Slow Cooking. The blog is superbly organized and I've tried and loved .... 20 to 40 Clove Garlic Chicken, Chicken Tacos, and Peppercorn Steak and more.
I'll be back at the end of the month with a few more words about the menu board and menu planning!
10 comments:
I wasn't suggesting you post ALL your recipes just you menu card ideas lol. Like chicken with whatever you decided was the sides. I can always come up with the main dish just not the sides : ) That might save some time, lol. Still need to do this but I am in love! So, I was thinking you could also just use your cards to make a master shopping list for the month and not have to worry about making an huge grocery list every month. and maybe you could make your menu seasonal so people think you're changing things up but you could have a year's worth of food planned that changes every 3 months : )
Aloha Clair, Spotted your Menu Board on Pinterest, love, love, love it. I'm going to try the Party Chicken next month when I host Bunco.
Thank you, Sharon
I love the fabulous menu board idea and your recipes will make it even more perfect! Thanks for sharing.
I cannot get the pockets to stick to the glass with the hot glue. Any suggestions?
Your awesome!!! What a great idea!!
Great ideas....I need menu plans soooo bad!
One question on the Party Chicken...dont laugh...is the bacon to be cooked first?
Rebecca
Fabulous! I can't wait to hear more about your process!
I haven't made anything I've pinned on Pinterest (yet) - but THIS? This will be my first. I just hope it turns out half as well as yours did. I has to be better than the scribbled menus on scaps of note paper stuck to our fridge!
Yes Clair, I've done exactly what you described in your first paragraph. And it does make me feel smart. :)
I found your blog through Pinterest and I got a good kick out of your comment about 15 minutes of fame. I really like you. Or what I've seen about you in the ten minutes I've been on your blog.
Anyway, looking forward to making the ULTIMATE menu board, because you're right, it encompasses all the great things about the other boards.
Hi. I love your menu idea. Your chicken recipe sounds divine. Can you please tell me if you can cook the chicken in a fan forced oven as I don't have a slow cooker?
Thanks.
Post a Comment