
Yesterday evening we celebrated Paul's 11th birthday. He had six friends over for a Mario/Pokemon party. I loved how he thought to combine two pictures to make this image for his invites-

The party went much like our parties usually go--
pizza-

party games-


presents-
cake-
and a pinata-
(Haven't you ever heard of a punching pinata? :) )
Olivia graciously volunteered to make the pinata which was a Yoshi egg. I made the pokeball cake. (I believe it's my 3rd time to make a pokeball cake for Paul's birthday.) I was happy to be told that it didn't have to be red and white- that there are many different colors of pokeballs. (That red frosting is impossible to make and the store bought kind is not tasty.)


The party was a fun time and I thought it was funny that all the boys were dressed in brown/black/camo type of colors. Paul had been saving his money since Christmas and was happy to now have enough to go buy the Nintendo 3DS today.
Dear Paul,
It is with a little bit of sadness that I think about this coming year being your last year as a young boy. I hope you fully enjoy the simplicity of childhood this year and that you always carry with you the curiosity and wonder that you have for how things are made and how things of the world work. I imagine that the year from 11 to 12 will be one with lots of changes as you leave some of your childhood interests behind and start becoming a young man with new interests and new goals. However, I am confident that those traits I already know you are blessed with (a keen mind, a loving spirit, consideration for others, a love of learning, and more) will only become more prevalent as you make good choices and begin your journey into adulthood.
I enjoy being with you and learning what is on your mind. I appreciate when you step up to the call of being a helpful and kind big brother and our oldest son. Thanks for being you and for your special contribution to our family.
I love you and I will continually find joy in watching you grow. Pray and choose the right, and I know you will have a happy life. You sure make me happy.
With love,
Mom
No comments:
Post a Comment