Sunday, February 14, 2010

With love,

After years of ignoring a nagging little voice in my head that said "make your kids valentines!" I listened. I used a card template shared by a fellow Clickin Mom and came up with a little something for each of my little sweethearts to give to their classmates. Never mind that when I went to order them as wallets the dimensions were way off. I had to get creative and ended up doing a lot of improvising and cutting, but hopefully they turned out okay. Maybe next year, with a little experience behind me, it will go more smoothly.



Hope you all enjoy your day. Looks like I'm staying home with a puny one, but Dave and I enjoyed a night out on Friday. If you wanna know what we did go here.

5 comments:

VanillaDreamer said...

What a fab-o idea... book marking this one for next Jan!!!

buttercup said...

Clair. Those are so cute! Your kids are absolutely adorable. Paul is a charmer for sure. I don't know your technique making the wallets, but one easy way is to take a 5x7 canvas size in photoshop and pull your guidelines to divide it in 4ths, then drag and drop your design and size to the guides. That's how I do mine. Here's another super cute photo valentine idea from Design Mom again:
http://www.designmom.com/2010/02/done.html
I totally thought I'd do this valentine next year, but then a kid in Ryan's class did it, so we'll see...

Ella said...

Those are awesome Clair! Good job!

Papa Griner said...

Charmed, I'm sure. I love it. What a great idea. You are so creative, Clair. Love, Dad.

The Griner Family: said...

In the mist of all of Tate hospital bills and Aubreys Therapy bills there they were. What a wonderful surprise and happy valentines day! We feel like we are missing out on all they are doing and growing to be!