Monday, July 7, 2008

Jolly Holiday

We had quite the holiday weekend. The evening before our big trip we went to a fair where the kids enjoyed some of the rides.


Not pictured is our 8 hour (not counting stops along the way) trip to Missouri.

On the Fourth we traditionally spent the morning at the park enjoying old-fashioned games and leisure. Here, Olivia runs in the egg race. She managed to place 2nd in the final heat.


Seth cheers from the sidelines.


Paul waits for the next race.



Clair and Faith enjoy a snowcone in the shade, as do Dave and Livvy.




Faith makes a new friend on the merry-go-round.



Back and Mom and Dad G's, Olivia and cousin Aubrey shuck corn for a delicious dinner of brisket, mom's potato salad, baked beans and rolls followed by chocolate strawberry shortcake.


Dave and Seth take advantage of some downtime and catch a nap.



Faith was sooo over the top excited for this trip and couldn't wait to see cousin Aubrey who gave her butterfly kisses.


The kids busted a pinata little by little. (My kids and my brother Andy's kids.)


We celebrated my Mom's and Dave's birthdays.


I had a mini photo shoot with my cute little neice Ainsley.


Baby Seth found that thumb he'd been searching for.


Dave and the kids ventured out on the paddle boat near Grandma and Grandpa G's house.



Dave and Clair met up with Jason and Janet for dinner at a new restaurant.



Livvy reunites with her soulmate from 2nd grade.


Not pictured but also enjoyed was going to church at our previous ward and meeting up with Poppy for dinner on our way home.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow.. wish I could have seen you all when you were back, I love to see new post's on your site, I check yours and Melanie's both, I am too boring and lazy to have a blog! Your kids are cute!

Ella said...

First and foremost: I am in shock that Mom went through my keepsake box, found a KEEPSAKE pinata and let you guys bludgeon it to death. Unbelievable. Second, the pics are really cute. It was really fun to see your little vacation and I really wish we could have been there. Where will you be spending the Christmas/New Year's holiday?

the wrath of khandrea said...

your poor sister. it sounds like some family issues need airing. a private blog, perhaps?

your pictures are fabulous, as always.

i "heard" (as we tend to do in LDS land...) that you were in st. robert. i'll be emailing you for the latest. :O)