Monday, June 23, 2008

The Bold and the Beautiful

As if Paul being "the young and the reckless" easn't enough, Miss Olivia is earning the title "the bold and the beautiful." Why does she look like the happiest nine year old girl in all the world in this picture?



Well, on either side of her swing the neighbor boys mentioned in the previous post.



I thought I'd get a few pictures of the kids on the playground when a disconcerting scene unfolding before me. Speaking of the boys, Olivia announced to me, right in front of them just as pictured above, that "they think I'm fun, and that's why they always want me to come outside." Okay. As if that wasn't bold enough, she went on to say that they had a crush on her which brought red faces and giggles all around. No one denied it, however one boy got smart and turned the tables on her saying it just might be the other way around. When the boy asked her which one she had the biggest crush on, I was just cringing hoping she would give an evasive answer or none at all. To no avail. She announced that she had a crush on both boys but one more so than the
other. I was all but ready to yank her off that swing and march her inside for a talk on "playing hard to get." But then I thought, if her boldness scares the boys off it's all the better. I can wait a few more years to deal with this sort of thing, not that I had any success till I was 24. I blatantly exclaimed that I had a great idea, "why don't we all just be friends?" Then I ducked out and started nonchalantly snapping pictures of the slide and the merry-go-round.

2 comments:

the wrath of khandrea said...

HO-LY-SMOKES.

honestly, good luck with that. that is totally insane. i love your creative take on it though.

Ella said...

I totally remember that kind of stuff. I can't believe Olivia is getting so old!