Friday, December 28, 2007

I love my Pollywog

This is my Pollywog. He is so loving and his mind is so bright. I love to hear what he is thinking.

Last night I was putting him to bed and his mind was racing a mile a minute. It was cute to see how he just couldn't get his ideas out fast enough. First he started talking about the show Trading Spaces: Boys vs Girls. He asked how we could get the crew to come here. I told him I'd look into it but that most likely you had to live in California where the show is taped. Well, he already had some ideas for his room makeover-- it would involve basketball, a racetrack, and science. Somehow a hole, or two, would be cut in his door. Through this he would shoot his dirty laundry which would land in a basket. When the basket became full there would be some sort of contraption that would deliver it to the laundry room. The racetrack would hang from the ceiling and be in the shape of a star.
Paul also mentioned starting a Science Club. He told me he would like to make a sign that says "Failed Science Projects" to post on a particular shelf in his room. I saw that he had a rock on that shelf, and I asked about it. Well, the thing is that he originally thought this triangular rock might be a dinosaur tooth but has concluded that it is not. Too cute.

Paul is also the inspiration for my blog title "Once Upon a Chocolate Chip Pancake..." He loves pancakes and would eat them every morning if he could. I'd say I end up making them at least 4 days a week. Hard to say "no" to such an adorable boy. And it is a real disappointment if we have run out of chocolate chips so I try to keep a healthy stock.

I was taking a bunch of pictures of him eating his pancake. He was just ignoring me eating away. I finally said something and he was like "Mom, do you have to take a picture of EVERY bite?" (Of course I do, I'm hoping for that perfect shot.) So, I let him eat in peace and took some pictures of what he had left.

Flashback- On the morning of Paul's 6th birthday we sang to him over candles in pancakes.
I love Paul.

1 comment:

the wrath of khandrea said...

he's so bright! what a fun kid. my kids say the same thing about my incessant shutter snapping. sometimes i think they're thinking, "mom, leave me the hell alone." but since they didn't say please, i won't. hope you had a great xmas!!