

I have always loved Charles Schulz's Peanuts gang. I came across this comic a couple weeks ago and could not stop laughing. For a few days I would just chuckle out of the blue when I thought about it again. The dialogue between Charlie and Lucy goes like this...
Charlie: Are you going to make any New Year's resolutions Lucy?
Lucy: WHAT? What for? What's wrong with me now? I like myself just the way I am!
Lucy: Why should I change?! What in the world is the matter with you Charlie Brown?!!
Lucy: I'm all right the way I am! I don't have to improve! How could I Improve? How, I ask you?! How?
Charlie: Good Grief!
This was hilarious to me. I could feel Lucy's pain in the accusatory question. How dare Charlie Brown insinuate that she was anything but perfect! I wondered how I would react if Dave asked me this question. On a normal day, I think I might bite back with a little Lucy. But with the raging pregnancy hormones, I would probably break down in tears and wonder just how worthless my husband must think I am. So to save Dave from a potentially uncomfortable situation, I have broached the subject myself. I have told him of my sturggle to narrow down a mile long list of things I want to improve. Still working on that list...
Happy New Year!
2 comments:
well... due to the pregnancy, you have a valid excuse for absolutely anything in the world that you want excused. and if anyone has anything else to say about that, you can always come back with the classic retort:
"good grief"
Love it! I am right there with you, why do we even need New Years resolutions anyway?? I love the beginning of the year though, it's all new and perfect for at least a week...
Post a Comment