image by Darwin Bell
Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout
would not take the garbage out…
brown bananas and rotten peas,
chunks of sour cottage cheese…
would not take the garbage out…
brown bananas and rotten peas,
chunks of sour cottage cheese…
As the words of this delightful Shel Silverstein poem come to mind this morning, I cannot help but let my all too stoic lips (as of lately) curve up a bit at the corners. A little levity is just what I need to help me evaluate the heavy concerns that have been my recent and oh-so-relentless companions.
Just like Sarah Cynthia Sylvia Stout let pizza crusts, dried mustard and chicken bones pile up until they “raised the roof,” I realize that I have also acquired a heafty collection of garbage. And while my trash hasn’t yet run off my neighbors, it has certainly been threatening my personal ability to feel confident and hopeful.
Holding onto hurt feelings is like brown bananas.
Lack of exercise is my rotten peas.
Worries of things which I cannot control are no better than sour cottage cheese.
.jpg)
No comments:
Post a Comment