
I love a good chart. Whether it's a weekly schedule, morning routine, menu plan, or children's chore chart, I love to see it organized and on paper. In fact, I think the planning and creating of the chart is my favorite part. Implementation can be a bit trickier, especially when it comes to a encouraging children to do their chores. Maybe you have tried a few different methods and now have some nicely laminated, color coordinated chore charts hidden away in a drawer… after the initial enthusiasm for the new plan fizzled.
Granted, I think that almost any system will yield results if you are consistent and stick with it. (Hmmm, this is sounding a bit like exercise.) But (like choosing a workout activity that can become a part of your lifestyle) some systems will be a better fit for what you enjoy naturally and can reasonably fit into your daily routine. So while I love to browse the many cute chore charts available online, I’ve always found something was either missing or there was an element that just didn't quite fit into our family's schedule. It wasn't until I started from the beginning and created my own that I found success in both creating AND implementing our family's chore chart. So if you've always struggled to make a pre-made chore chart work for you, I'd love to share with you some ideas that worked for me, so that you can create your very own--perfect for your family--chore chart...
Read my full article on The Creative Mama here.
No comments:
Post a Comment