Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Be Kind to Yourself (TCM)

photo courtesy of Vicki Smith, Tin Bucket Photography

I turned forty this year- a milestone that simply reminded me that I have much to learn. Years ago, I anticipated that I would have everything all figured out by the time I turned "the big 4-0." I certainly don't, but I am making progress. I recently discovered an exercise routine that strengthens my body and soul (though I erroneously thought this self-care was optional as a brand new mom.) After 15 years of marriage, my husband and I are finally of the same mindset at the same time as we commit to get our finances in order. And I just barely caught on to the fact that in order to optimistically progress as a person, I must be more kind to myself.

How many days have I looked in the mirror and frowned as I noted my flaws, or how many times have I let a failed attempt verify that I'm not good enough? Too many! It's time to embrace positive thinking and greet myself with a "Good morning, Gorgeous!" when I wake. I invite you to join me if you feel that loving yourself just exactly as you are right now is something that would free your spirit.

Read my full article on The Creative Mama here.

No comments: