Friday, April 19, 2013

Mama's Favorite Blanket (TCM)


A child’s favorite blanket comforts and holds sweet memories. Soon after becoming a mom, I envisioned a quilt that would one day do the same for me. I wanted a “mama’s quilt” made from the jammies, rompers and tees of my little ones. At the time I had no idea when our family would be complete, but I began saving some favorite clothing of my first child. Fast forward about 10 years, and I had a nice collection of material from children one, two, three and four.

Although I never took up sewing (nor gardening, nor feng shui,) I became very excited about seeing the quilt come together after my 8 lbs. 10 oz. “grand finale” entered the world. And so I hired a quilter to take my treasured stacks of fabric and make my wish a reality...

Read my full article on The Creative Mama here.

No comments: