Tuesday, February 14, 2012

My Mario

Who knew that my high school drama class was training me for motherhood? Every few days, Seth assigns me to be a new character-- one that compliments his persona for the day.


It began with my least favorite casting- Caillou and Caillou's mom. (Never have liked that Caillou. Nope.) But then we progressed onto Curious George and The Man with the Yellow Hat, which Seth shortened into "Yellow Man" for convenience. George and Yellow Man worked out especially well on the days I actually had a yellow shirt on as I do have a couple of those that I wear all the time. Ha. The only thing that I didn't like very well about this duo was that Seth would only make monkey noises in response to my questions in public places like the grocery store. I had to keep saying "use your words, George!"

Seth is quite good at staying in character, but I often forget about our game and say things like, "Seth, will you please pick up your cars?" to which he responds "You didn't say George!"

Other castings have included Mario and Luigi and Copper and Mama Owl (from Fox and the Hound.) We've also done various Toy Story representations and these are perfect for involving the whole family. I think I'll see what Seth thinks about Snow White and one of the dwarfs for tomorrow. Should be okay if he has his pick of seven, right?

2 comments:

ABmom2k3 said...

Love it- I am usually Daisy and Katara is MInnie- or she is a gorilla, cat, dolphin, lizard or bug and I am her owner. I prefer the characters because it gets a little embarassing when she only grunts or buzzes at me in a store ;-) these moments are so precious!

Ella said...

LOVE this! You are a lucky mama!