I had to try it.
Pinterest. It's pretty awesome.
Granted, it took me about 45 minutes to figure out how to "pin" something, but the hours of fun I've had since then is making up for it. "Hours?" you ask. Oh no, you are thinking this must be a big time waster. Well, it could be... just like facebook can be. But it could be a total time saver too.
Consider this-- When your bff had an online Tupperware party, you finally ordered the plastic popsicle molds that you've always wanted. Now, you are desperately trying to recall that recipe for strawberry yogurt pops that you came across last summer... or was it the summer before? What blog was that on? Hmmmm.... what month should you start searching in the archives? You get the picture. On Pinterest-- you simply go to your virtual bulletin boards, click on the one you have cleverly titled "recipes to try one day," and you'll instantly see the photo of the pops you pinned. Click the pic, and you will be taken to its origin.
And do you remember printing out a ton of home organization tips and inspiring home decor pictures with the intention of putting them in a sleek little binder for future reference? Ha ha ha! I know this tedious task most likely became cluttery piles of paper never to be located in the time of need. If this sounds at all familiar, I have good news for you! Pinterest-- not a single paper wasted, not a single empty surface cluttered, not a single minute wasted in a fruitless search.
I especially recommend this little piece of virtual heaven to homemakers, mamas, and all who appreciate visual goodness. It's free. All you need to get started is an inviation, and you know I'd be tickled to invite you- just let me know make sure I have your email address.
I expect a check from Pinterest very soon and will likely spend it on something I've pinned on my "gotta have it, but can't afford it" board. (Just kidding.)
2 comments:
Invite me, invite ME!! I've kind of heard about it, I saw Ashley Smith talking about it once but I did't get it until now, it seems awesome!! Thanks for thinking of me :D
I looked at this the other day but couldn't wrap my brain around it. Might have to try it, I guess. You can take from anywhere on the web and "pin" it to your board? You're cutting edge, as always, Clair!!
Post a Comment