Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Sweetness


Just wanted to jot down how impressed I have been with Paul lately. He has been maxing out on the sweetness factor. I typically get the "grumble, grumble" response when I ask my kids to do something. But Pollywog has been so helpful- often without even being asked. Off the top of my head I remember him doing the following sweet things over the last few days-- bringing me a chair from the backyard to the front so I could sit and watch the kids ride bikes (this was no easy maneuver. I watched him heave the chair up over the fence- guess it was closer than going through the back gate,) reporting with a smile to wipe off the table after another sibling gave me the "grumble, grumble," helping me make chicken for dinner- he did the shakin' and I did the bakin', quickly coming outside to help unload groceries with his dad when I returned from the commissary. (I am very lucky to have 2 gentlemen.) I have made it a point to express my thanks, I hope Paul knows what a little bright spot he has been to me.

1 comment:

the wrath of khandrea said...

i have found the same thing with my grumbler lately! could it be spring? the hope of new and fresh beginnings? or could it be they're secretly holding out for a "surprise" cash reward...
who cares. i'm loving it.